Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Marsh Joinery Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Marsh Joinery Ltd complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Use of your personal data:
Marsh Joinery Ltd may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- For generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Marsh Joinery Ltd website(s) and other services and developing Marsh Joinery Ltd marketing plans. This is achieved by the use of Google Analytics to track user interaction. Although this records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us.
- Administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in
- Responding to any enquiry you make including through our Contacts Usand Start a Project forms
- Subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Marsh Joinery Ltd.’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text) If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimpwho provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third-party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems. Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you.
Marsh Joinery Ltd may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for Marsh Joinery Ltd to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Marsh Joinery Ltd to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by Marsh Joinery Ltd as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Marsh Joinery Ltd website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Marsh Joinery Ltd compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Marsh Joinery Ltd and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Marsh Joinery Ltd to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on a Marsh Joinery Ltd website.
Storage and retention of your data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and as detailed above, if you submit a contact form on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built on (WordPress).
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Marsh Joinery Ltd does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Marsh Joinery Ltd holds about you;
• The right to request that Marsh Joinery Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Marsh Joinery Ltd to retain such data;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Marsh Joinery Ltd, Nab Close House, Nabwood Close, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 4ER, 01274 826006